Sunday, October 18, 2015

31 for 21 Day 18: Love

I hope one day someone will type the words "diagnosis of Down Syndrome" into their search engine and stumble on this post. And if they do, I hope they take away this message...
 
I was once scared too. I looked into the almond eyes of my new baby and I worried and cried over all of the things that I felt like I lost in having this baby I never planned for. I grieved for the child I thought I lost but I let the love I felt for him pull me through. Colin showed us the way. He has filled our lives with so much happiness and joy and he has completely changed our perspective on the world. We have learned to slow down and to be patient because some times, the best things happen when we least expect them. We celebrate all things big or small. Life is not perfect and it has lots of really challenging times but our family is stronger because of them. When I first looked into those perfect eyes I never thought I would be here ... in a place that is filled with so much love. We live, we love, we are family...

 

No comments: