Saturday, October 10, 2015

31 for 21 Day 10: SONJ Baseball Clinic

Colin had a really great opportunity today to watch the Special Olympics of NJ baseball team play a game and then participate in a clinic afterwards with the coach and some of the players. It was a beautiful day with a great group of people and Colin really enjoyed himself. 
 
 
When we arrived to the field, the game had already started and Colin immediately sat down and got into the game. He's been really into baseball lately between playing in our yard and watching it on TV but it's one of the sports that we haven't really tried outside of home. There are aspects of the game we didn't feel he was quite ready for community play and so when this opportunity presented itself, we thought it would be a great way to see how interested Colin was. 
 

After watching Colin and seeing how interested he was in the game, one of the coaches called him over and asked him if he wanted to play. They took him out into the field and got him set and ready.
 


He even had some chances to bat as well. He absolutely loved it and the seriousness on his face when he crossed home plate was great.
 



The players and coaches were all great with him and I could tell he felt really comfortable because of how relaxed and interactive he was with everyone.


In fact, when it was time for the clinic part to start, I walked him over and was standing with him and he turns to me and said "go Mom! I do by myself!". I had to laugh to myself as I made my way back to the spectator area.




I am really grateful to Special Olympics NJ and the baseball team for a fantastic day! Colin had such a great time!






 

No comments: