Friday, September 14, 2012

Fresh Beat Band Groupie

Colin has now been to TWO Fresh Beat Band concerts in ONE week! I think he is officially a groupie! It has been really fun to experience it with Colin.  We are so thankful to our buddy Bennett for introducing us to the show!

This week, Daddy and Colin had a "man date" to see the show.  Their first stop was dinner on the way after Colin was picked up from school.  



One thing we have been trying to really do more and more is explain to Colin things that we are going to do so that he is exposed to it ahead of time.  Because he doesn't always communicate back, I think it was just something that we never really thought to do.  However, we REALLY explained that he was going to see Kiki, Marina (A-ina), Twist (Tweet), and Shout and he was excited.  


Boy was he excited when he realized who he was going to see... 





Do you think he was excited??


And since I was unable to get any when I went, here are some video clips.  I love his reactions.  In the first one, there are a few moments where he is trying to see, but I love when he sees the group come out for the first time.  





I like this second one because it really shows how much shows like Fresh Beat Band have really helped with Colin's communication.  I know that there probably isn't many people who will say this, but Colin's love of music and dance has really helped facilitate his use of different words.  You can see him sing the whole song in this video...




This last video is a little long, but really gets "good" about 45 seconds in when you can see how Colin likes to sing into his microphone (his thumb).  Chris eventually turns on the light so you can see him better but Colin thinks he's taking a picture so he keeps giving a cheesy smile.  So funny...




I am so happy we got to do this with and for Colin! He has absolutely LOVED his experiences!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Oh my goodness!! I cried through the whole thing!! That is just unbelievable! He looks like such a happy little boy!! Love, Nana

Suze said...

Love, love, love this!!!

JC said...

He sure makes for a cute little groupie! I loved his big smile when the band first came out. So cute!