Saturday, September 8, 2012

Did Somebody Say Bananas?

When I found out that the Fresh Beat Band was going to be in our area, I jumped at the chance to get tickets for the kids.  We went from watching a plethora of shows to ONLY Fresh Beat Band.  Colin knows all of the words and dances and loves to sing along into his very own microphone (his thumb).  Our tickets are for next week, but I had just found out that I have my back to school night that night.  Thankfully, there were some last minute tickets available at the venue that Chris works at, so he was able to get me 2 to take the kids (by myself mind you) last night.  I thought I was insane but didn't want to miss an opportunity to take them. We had the 12th row center aisle which couldn't have been any more perfect.  


I will tell you honestly that it was one of the most stressful things I have ever done alone with the kids, but also one of the most fun times I have had with them to date.  


Prior to the show starting, Kailey wouldn't sit still and was becoming very whiney and Colin was nervous about the darkness and all of the people around us.  Again, thankfully we were on the aisle because I could let the kids walk around while waiting for it to start.  


Every bit of stress was well worth the reaction that Colin had when the show started and his favorite people, Kiki, Shout, A-ina (Marina), and tist (twist) came out and started singing.  I started crying because I was so happy to see him so happy.  Kailey was fine until they started talking because they were trying to get the crowd to scream as loud as they could.  She wouldn't leave my lap the rest of the night and was shaking from being scared.


Colin danced and sang the entire night from start to finish right into his microphone.  It was one of the most awesome things I have seen him do.  



There are certainly things I can list that Colin enjoys to do, but this is one thing I can honestly say that Colin loves and is his favorite right now.  He had the best time and it was so exciting to watch!






Unfortunately, I did not have my good camera (nor did I even consider bringing it knowing I was going to be alone with 2 kids) and my iphone was not taking very good pictures. He was smiling so great in this picture, but the flash whited out his face.



I can say that this was one awesome night with my kids!  It was a "great day"!





3 comments:

Nana said...

Oh my gosh this was the cutest thing EVER!! I'm so glad you guys had such a GREAT time! Love, Nana

Jenni said...

What a great thing! You know I have some Broadway connections should Colin want to bring his microphone and singing to the Big Apple.....
:)

JC said...

Colin looked like he had a blast! He sure is growing up and maturing...I remember when Mickey Mouse House Club was his favorite show! The pictures of him dancing are so cute :)