Wednesday, February 15, 2012

And Then it was Now

When Colin sat for the first time, I cried because it was the first big milestone that I had waited for.  Then, when he sat up for the first time, I cried because he was becoming mobile.  I can't even begin to tell you the excitement I felt when he did the worm crawl for the first time because now he was really on the move.  I cried when he crawled the right way (I mean, he was doing it the right way and was STRONG enough to do it that way).  I cried when he stood up, I cried when he hesitantly took his first step and I have now cried because he is walking.  He walks MORE than he crawls.  It's becoming our new normal.  In fact, we pull in to the driveway, he says that we are home, I take him out of the car and he walks right up to HIS car in the garage and gets in.

He. is. walking.

I can finally and officially report that and I am so excited.  I smile inside (and out) every time I see him walk.

But do you want to know what I have now been the most emotional over?  Colin called me "mom" the other day.  He is saying mom when I walk in a room.  He has never done that until this week.  It makes me teary to say it because I have waited so long to hear my baby call me mom.

11 comments:

Nana said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT !!!!!! Made me teary eyed.

Adrienne said...

Oh Kelli, that is so sweet. Look how he just adores you!!

ch said...

oh, i got all choked up! cutest "mom" EVER! and then i glared at my own slugs who refuse to use the word. colin, you know exactly how to make the ladies swoon.

JC said...

Kelli, I have watched this video a few times now and I tear up every. single. time. I watch it. It's just really beautiful...Colin is such a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT Valentine's Day present "MOM" from your favorite "little man"! Well deserved and hard work = PROGRESS in so many areas.

Keep those "HAPPY" tears rolling:=)!

Hugs - Randy

Kristin said...

I swear max made the sound 'mom' yesterday - but not at me or even when I was in the room... but maybe he's getting there! Yay Colin!

Jenni said...

Happy tears in Graceland being shed! That video is the sweetest.

Wren said...

Tears!!!! The most beautiful sound ever!!!

Melissa said...

Wooo hooo!!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

Makes me teary too! Love it!!!!!