Thursday, February 23, 2012

Almost a Year

Our pretty little girl is just shy of a year now and sometimes I can't believe how fast time has flown.  I feel like just yesterday I was patiently waiting for her to arrive.  She has filled our home with so much cuteness,  laughter, giggles...and sass and I love it!  She has her own distinct personality and she is VERY independent.    Sometimes it makes me a little sad that she is not a snuggler like Colin, but lately in the right moment, she will let her body just give in to yours.  Those moments are the best.  


It has been so interesting to watch a child whose development is so different than Colin's.  Things do seem to come easier to her, but they are also very different kids when it comes to how they do things.  We are so surprised when we see her do things that we haven't spent a lot of time on, like putting rings on the stand...


She is very proud of herself when she is up and about, but is not quite ready to "let go" and be on her own.  I'm not sure I am ready for that just yet!


Although both of my children are very different, the worry is the still the same.  Down syndrome or not, I have my own worries when it comes to Kailey and she has scared me in ways that Colin has not because she is not afraid to try so many things.

More to come in just under a month! :)

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOWIE can't believe she is almost a year. That is our mommy job to worry over our kids!

JC said...

Wow, I cannot believe she is turning one soon!! That went by so fast! She sure is cute Kelli :)