Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love and Friendship

On my way in to work today, I was feeling a bit sentimental and emotional as the sun was rising above the horizon and I was thinking about how thankful I am for all of the little blessings in my life.  I often become distracted along this route when "life" gets in the way; busy at work, busy at home, sicknesses, long winter, mundane routines, and so on.  However, I am so grateful for how much ~love~ fills my life and the unordinary places I often see it: sharing a laugh with a friend, watching my children fall into fits of giggles as they happily play with each other, speaking to a parent experiencing a new diagnosis of DS,  having abundant help from family, and the sweet little things Chris does for me....  


Not to sound cliche, but love really is all around us, but we become so busy in our everyday lives that we miss the little signs left for us.  


So today on this Valentine's day, I am thankful for being reminded of that love.  I am thankful for parents who raise their children to be sweet little friends, to look past any differences and learn how to play together even when they can't communicate in the same ways.  I am thankful for real, innocent, pure friendships...


I used to think Valentine's day was about romantic dinners and gifts from your loved ones, but today I know that it IS all about the gifts, just those that we receive when we aren't expecting them.  


Happy Valentine's day to my family, my friends that have been a part of my life journey, and most especially, to Chris, Colin, and Kailey for my gift of love every. single. day.  

No comments: