Monday, November 12, 2012

Feeling Happy!

This was the sort of weekend we needed to boost spirits and feel like things were normal again.  As I have mentioned before, we were having some major issues with Colin and going to sleep at night, however, once he was withdrawn from the old daycare, things amazingly improved significantly.  We spent a lot of time out in the fresh air and with family this weekend, so it was really nice to regroup and get ready to return to our normal routines again.  The only thing that was missing this weekend was Daddy because he was working a lot.



There was a stretch of time when it was actually more frustrating to go to the park with the kids because Kailey was not quite walking yet and Colin wasn't there yet.  I would spend a lot of time carrying them and lifting along the different apparatuses and they didn't seem to enjoy it either.  However, it's been a lot of fun now because they love going up and down the slide and really just need supervision to get where they want to be.  







I was really nervous about how last night was going to go at bedtime because it had been such a disaster and I needed Colin to go to bed at a decent time since he had to get up and get on the bus this morning.  However, I worked really hard to establish his old routine again and was explaining things along every step of the way.  When he was a little upset in bed, I explained to him that he was going back to school on the bus to see Miss Liz (the smile was so big!) and then was going to be going to school with Kailey again (even bigger smile!).  Although he can't communicate well in terms of his expressive language, I think we often take for granted how much he understands receptively.  It's amazing how "easy" bedtime was once he knew what was coming next.  I can only hope tonight is just as "easy"!

Excited to be going back to the Growing Tree with all of his friends and original teachers!
A little birdy MAY have taken this for me to show me Kailey and Colin together again at school!


3 comments:

Adrienne said...

How stinkin' cute is that!? So sweet!!!

JC said...

Oh my gosh, that was such a cute video! And I LOVE Kailey's hair, how adorable...I can't get over how fast she is growing!

Deborah said...

Cute photo of the three of you - and such good news that bedtime went well and he's happy being at school with his sister. The video was great. :)