Friday, November 23, 2012

A Lot to Be Thankful For

It's hard to believe that this holiday season has already started!  I think it sort of feels a bit crazy when it when we essentially lost a few weeks due to Hurricane Sandy.  However, this year I am grateful to be able to be in my home with my family...It's been tough around here in the past month, but I am amazed at the resiliency of a lot of people to start over and rebuild their homes, businesses and attractions.  I am thankful to have a job, wonderful schools for my children, food to put on the table, and lots of love from many friends and family.  

We had a busy day yesterday, but well worth seeing family throughout the state.  We started out at breakfast with Chris' family, the kids Gammy and Grandpa, Aunt Beth, Uncle Jason and his parents...



...and then headed north to my Great Aunt Elinor and Uncle Stan's house for the last Thanksgiving there as they are closing on their house next week after very many years and lots and lots of Thanksgivings.  We spent a bit of time at the park down the street to let the kids get out some energy from being in the car, and then went over for dinner.  


Aunt Elinor in the middle, my mom, and my 2nd cousin Christine

I am lucky to still have 3 of my 4 Grandparents (my Grandfather is turning 90 in July!)...





I am very blessed to share this life with Chris, Colin, and Kailey and look forward to many more ahead.  Happy belated Thanksgiving!

No comments: