Friday, April 6, 2012

Beautiful Night Together

Today was a really rare day for us as Chris and I were both off and were able to spend the whole day together.  I got a lot of things accomplished around the house, which always feels good and then we decided to head over to the boardwalk to walk around and get some dinner.  Aside from it being a tad bit chilly in the shaded areas, it was a really beautiful night.  I absolutely love living where we do to have the ocean so close to us.  



Colin LOVES walking around as there is so much to see and do and so many people to say hi to.  It's interesting because one of the classic things that people think about when they think of Down Syndrome is that the individuals are so social and friendly.  That IS true to a certain extent, however, Colin has no problem saying no to or making a face to someone he doesn't want to talk to.  He will go over to some random strangers with open arms asking for a hug, and then others he wants nothing to do with.  



We had dinner at one of the pizza "joints" and then spent the rest of the night walking around.  Both kids seemed up for a quick photo shoot on the beach and there was a perfect backdrop for it.






I feel really blessed and thankful on nights like this to be with my family...

3 comments:

April Vernon said...

Looks like a fun time! The pictures are so cute!

JC said...

Ah, beautiful pictures. I love the ocean. I miss living on Vancouver Island. I only get back there about twice a year, and it's always so nice to see and smell the ocean again when I do.

Michelle said...

That does sound like it was beautiful, fun, and relaxing night out!