Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Proud Moment

I'm sure I've said this before but every. single. time. we get frustrated or upset about something that Colin is struggling to do, he comes through and starts to do it!

On Christmas Eve, Miss Kathy came over for PT since we weren't doing much in the morning and she was going to be traveling the following week. We started talking about Colin's improvements towards walking, and I was asking her how she thought it was going, since he really hasn't shown any signs of it other than his length of time that has increased for standing. She was hesitant at first thinking that I would be upset to hear a negative response, but I honestly take the good with the bad these days when it comes to development. I know he will one day when the time is right, but I still am curious to know what his progress is like. She said that since he wasn't making any "cruising" type motions or side stepping while standing, it was probably going to be awhile. I have been happy lately that Colin will attempt to pull to stand more and his length of time standing has increased, so I am certainly not focused or driven by walking just yet. It would be nice, believe me, but again...when the time is right.

Today, Chris was texting me during PT telling me what a great session Colin was having. Of course, I tend to get jealous in these moments, but being the great guy that he is, gets video and pictures for me. So, although this video is a bit long...check out our little boy rocking it and taking his first "side steps"!! I was so proud watching this video when I got home, and the cutest thing was, I was lying on the floor watching it on the camera and Colin came right over and proppped himself up next to me and was giggling and smiling at me. I guess he could tell from the tears in my eyes how happy I was! Look at the cute dancing as well!



I've made a few attempts to get Colin's new (and my favorite sign) on camera lately, but haven't gotten anything very good. Here is a short video of Colin 1st kissing his reflection and then saying "love you" with signing...



And finally, my typical toddler boy, playing with the toilet seat...

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go Colin!!! OK mommy & daddy, you better start searching for some roller skates........something tells me you are going to need them soon!! Hi-5's from Mason, Elijah & your buddy Landon!

Nana said...

Hi big boy!! Great job!! I just had the biggest smile on my face watching your videos!! Love, Nana

Kristin said...

Nice job Colin! Max just started cruising about a week ago, too. But he only signs 'doggie' regularly. You're doing great Colin!

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Way to go! We LOVE the bottom-wriggle- it even made my husband crack up. Not gonna have to teach that kid to waddle, that's for sure! Go, Colin, GOOO!!! :)

amy jupin said...

yea for colin! it won't be long now kelli--you are going to be BUSY! :)
hope you're feeling well these days. hugs from alabama!

Suze said...

Go Colin Go! I loved how he was shaking his booty at the start of the first video! I would not be surprised if he is off and running just as his little brother or sister arrives on the scene!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

That is awesome Colin! Mommy, you have a right to have tears in your eyes watching that!

I love the "love you" sign too! I need to teach that one to Sweet Pea!

Adrienne said...

Way to go Colin!!! You're doing great bud!

Rochelle said...

Way to go Colin! and that Love you was the sweetest!