Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'Tis the Season #7: Uncle Timmy

'Tis the Season #7: My brother Tim and Colin's Uncle Timmy...

Dear Colin,

I'm so glad you're mommy gave us all the chance to write a letter to you because there is a lot you should know about your family and our friends that you can take with you as you get older.

First of all you should know that you stole everyone's heart when you were born. I remember the day you were born, what I was doing, and how bad the rain was that i had to drive through to get to see you, like it was just yesterday. I even remember how excited I was when your mommy was pregnant with you, and all the anticipation as we got closer to the time you would be born. So you finally came and in the 7 months i've known you, I can't think of anything that brings me as much joy as the time I get to spend with you. I can see why you have some of the happiest, and proudest parents in the world. They are great people who I am so happy to have as a part of my life, and am just as happy that their love has brought the rest of our family such a blessing.



In just this short amount of time you have reshaped our family and the community around us. You and your parents have set a new standard for perseverence, commitment, love, happiness, togetherness, and much more. I don't think there is anything that you can't accomplish in life, especially with the parents you have, and the friends they have surrounded themselves with.

I am really looking forward to watching you grow up and be someone that anyone would be happy to call their son. I want you to know that I will always love you, and am here for anything you need. I'm not going to be living that close anymore but I don't want you to feel like i'm ever too far away. I'm looking forward to the next, and every time I see you Colin.


I love you.
Uncle Timmy



1 comment:

Nana said...

Wow Uncle Timmy!! Such a touching letter!! Made me teary of course!! He is a special boy!! Love, Nana