Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Those "Moments"

I had one of those moments tonight where I looked at Colin and my heart swelled because I couldn't have loved him any more in that moment. He was sitting in his high chair while I finished getting dinner ready, and when I peeked around the corner, he just looked at me and smiled...

This is what i saw in that moment...


We are very fortunate because Colin will sit in his high chair and keep himself occupied while we eat dinner at the table, even though he has already eaten.

He practiced so many little skills during dinner! It was fun to watch!

We think Colin is teething a lot more the past week, so we tried giving him the frozen toy (he usually won't use it himself) and tonight, he held it and chomped all by himself!!

We've also been working on fine motor skills with his pincer grip and usually try the puffs. Since Colin isn't thrilled about the puffs, he usually won't go near them. So, Chris tried an M&M (under close supervision of course!) and he was able to pick it up with his thumb and index finger! Look at that fine motor skill at work!



I was a sucker at all of the different stores this holiday season for baby clothes that were holiday themed. He has already worn a few, but this is a favorite of ours...

...it says "Daddy's favorite present".

1 comment:

Nana said...

What a big boy you are!! I knew you could do all those things!! You look so happy!! I can't wait to see you on Friday!! Love, Nana