Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Tis the Season #10: Aunt Jen

'Tis the Season #10 is from Colin's Auntie Jen and one of my BEST friends!

For those of you who don’t know me, a little about how I came to be a part of Kelli, Chris, and Colin’s life… I’ve known Kelli since 4th grade but we really became close in high school and our bond has been strong ever since. We “girls” (Kelli, Natalia, Veronica, and I) have shared an amazing friendship over the years and to me my girls are like family.

I’ve been thinking about my moment on the blog for a while now and just couldn’t figure out where to start…I guess that is why this took me so long to do. But I figured I would just jump right in so here it goes…forgive me for the length!
For Kelli…
Ever since I have known you, you have been the quiet, shy one. Of the four of us girls it is no secret that many times the three of us have over-powered you with our loud talking and strong personalities. But I always saw in you, and admired, the silent strength and depth of character you possess. You have been through so many challenging life experiences…while other people may have ended up bitter or resentful, you have turned these events into opportunity and blessings. Never has this been more true when it comes to Colin. It has been beautiful and amazing to see how you have grown from the quiet, shy one to a strong and proactive mother for your little boy. It’s a shining example to those facing similar challenges. Like you did…put one foot in front of the other and amazing things are possible. I love you!


And for Chris…
I wanted to take the time to honor you as well. Since Kelli is like a sister to me, that makes you just like family too! It seems sometimes that Moms get all the attention and support. But I want you to know that all you have done has not gone unnoticed. It has always made me so happy to see how happy you’ve made Kelli and it has been wonderful to watch you two grow into a family. I have seen first hand over these last few months how your strength has helped hold everything together. You too are an amazing example to fathers…you have been so involved and supportive and Kelli and Colin are blessed to have you.

And now for Colin…
You were the first baby in our group of “girls” and it was so exciting when we found out your were on the way! I couldn’t have imagined then what a gift you would turn out to be. Not only are you all the obvious: adorable, fun, happy, and simply a joy to be around….but you are here to teach us all a lesson about life and love. It has been amazing to see all you have accomplished and all the lives you have changed over these short 8 months. I heard a saying once “It takes a village to raise a child” and Colin, that is exactly what you have! I have no doubt you will grow up surrounded by love and support and I am honored to be a part of that. I love you so much!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jen! It brought tears to my eyes!! It definitely was worth the wait! Love, Momma W