Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2016 Special Olympics NJ Polar Bear Plunge

Seven years ago this month, I stood on the beach in Seaside Heights while my friend Zach plunged for the very first time after raising money for Special Olympics NJ. I was pregnant with Colin but did not yet know how my little boy was going to impact our life because of the something "extra" he had. I can remember joking around with Zach how crazy he was for plunging in the ocean in February because of how cold it was (I mean, look how bundled up I am in this picture!).  
 
Me with CAT Crew Team Captain Jorie
I sit here tonight now, after CAT Crew's 7th Special Olympics NJ Polar Bear Plunge, and I can't believe that we have raised exactly $289,001 (with some more slowly rolling in). I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for another successful year with 48 team members raising just over $42,500. This year was a beautiful day in the 50s with the water temperature in the 30s, and a record year with 6,000 people raising over $1.7 million dollars. This money directly benefits the thousands of Special Olympic athletes in NJ.

To all CAT Crew team members and supporters, thank you.





 



 




 
 
 
 


No comments: