Friday, May 8, 2015

On Being a Mommy

When I think back to some of my biggest accomplishments growing up, the things that come to mind are mostly related to the grades I earned while in school and how hard I worked to get two different degrees that allowed me to work in two different fields.  There were some bigger defining moments like meeting Chris and marrying him, but prior to children, my life was just different.  
 

Now, after children, my life has become defined by my 3 most meaningful accomplishments who have made me the Mommy I am. I think when you become a Mom, you realize just how resilient you really are and what you can do when little lives are depending on you. I still look at pictures sometimes of the three kids and am amazed that I am the Mom of 3 children.
 

Each one of them has brought something so different to my life and caused me to grow in ways I never knew I could.

 
This mother's day, I am thankful for 3 little people who depend on me, who need me, and who make me feel like I am one of the most important people in the world. 
 

I am also thankful to my own Mom, and all of the other women in my life (Grandmas, mother in law, sister, sister in laws, pseudo moms, aunts, cousins, and friends), who have inspired me to be the kind of Mom I am today. 
 

My mom has always been there for me, for Chris, and now for Colin, Kailey and Cody. She has always gone above and beyond for all of us and loved us all unconditionally. There are so many other women in my life who have also been role models and been there to help me be the person that I am.
 

Garth Brooks: "Mom"

Little baby told God, hey I'm kind of scared.
Don't really know if I want to go down there.
From here it looks like a little blue ball
That's a great big place and I'm so small.

Why can't I just, stay here with you?
Did I make you mad, don't you want me too?
God said oh child, of course I do
But there's somebody special waiting for you
 
 

So hush now baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.

You'll never have a better friend
Or a warmer touch to tuck you in
She'll kiss your bruises, your bumps and scrapes
And anytime you hurt
Her heart's gonna break



So hush now baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom.

And when she's talking to you make sure you listen close
'Cause she's gonna teach you everything you'll ever need to know
Like how to mind your manners, to love and laugh and dream
She'll put you on the path that bring you back to me

 


So, hush now little baby, don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong
Come on child it's time, to meet your mom



Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there, and all of the people who are like Moms to special kids you know.  Don't forget that you are a special kind of superhero...



 
 


No comments: