Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fist Bump

On a typical morning, I am the first one up shortly followed by everyone else. By the time I leave for work, everyone is pretty much dressed and basically fed.  Thankfully, Chris' schedule allows him to put Colin on the bus and then drop Kailey and Cody off at school before heading to work himself. It makes for a less stressful morning for me. Once in awhile, when he is traveling for work, I am on my own (or have to seek out help from my sister). Because of my later start time this year and Colin's bus schedule, I technically can put him on the bus and drop the other two off if necessary; it just makes my arrival time at work cutting it within minutes of when I am supposed to be signing in by. Today was one of those mornings where I was on my own and had to make sure everyone got where they needed to go.
 

I posted this picture after I finished dropping everyone off this morning because I felt like jumping in the air and fist bumping for a pretty successful morning.  I felt so proud that I got everyone up, dressed, fed, lunches packed, myself ready, the car loaded, Colin on the bus, the kids to daycare, and myself to work with 3 minutes to spare.  It was just one of those days where everyone was cooperative, I hit every green light, the bus was on time, and drop off went smoothly.  I was so thankful for that (and even MORE thankful I don't have to do this every day!).



Some days I feel like crying because the day is so overwhelming and stressful and nothing is going right...

...but then there are the days like today where I could cry because everything DID go right and I'm just so thankful. From wakeup to bedtime, it really was a good day. So, fist bumps all around for that!


No comments: