Monday, March 3, 2014

Monmouth Hawks Basketball

This past Friday was the Monmouth Hawks' last home basketball game of the season, which also means that our "rough" season of the year with Chris working and traveling is coming to a close.  I try to take the kids when I can because they love it so much and because it is often a way for them to work off some energy before heading home to bed.  Most nights it's more exhausting for me but given that they love it so much, I enjoy myself as well.  One of the best parts of going to a game is watching the kids' reaction (and vice versa) to seeing Daddy.  
 
 
They are really good with the rituals like the National Anthem...

 
...and even have to copy the way the players are standing with their hands behind their back (I was instructed to do so as well).  



 
Colin actually really enjoys watching the game.  He cheers when baskets are scored, he points out specific things during the game, and also likes to get up and dance with the cheerleaders (did I just say that?).  

 
Kailey, on the other hand, is content as long as she has her popcorn.  




Despite the fact they always want to know where he is to wave to him, they are NOT a fan up close of Shadow, the Monmouth Hawk.  It is legitimate fear whenever he comes close (they were both shaking like a leaf when he tried to say hi). 
 Another season comes to a close...


No comments: