Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Spending time with Great-Grandparents

Over the past few days, we have spent quite a bit of time with my Grandparents for various events.  Over the weekend, we were celebrating my cousin's graduation from high school and then my Poppy's 90th birthday.  


Ever since Colin first spent time with Poppy, there has been something that always draws him to him whenever we are together.  They usually spend time together and Poppy will sing some of his WWII songs to him from his days in the army.  


Poppy is very calm and soothing when he sings to him, so Colin loves snuggling in.  


We celebrated 90 years of Poppy at his birthday party on Sunday!  It's crazy to believe that he is 90 when you see all that he still does (still works at Shoprite!).  


My Grandma (his wife) is not pictured.  



Then just today, we went and spent some time with my other grandmother who I have grown up calling Grammy.  


We spent some time in her backyard and she was teaching the kids how to ride a scooter.  That in itself makes me laugh!  Oh, and can you spot her tattoos??  All after the age of 70!  



She's probably going to get mad at me for posting her age on here (yep, she frequents the blog AND has a facebook account) but she is 89 years young and is still very active as well.  



She broke out some old toys to play with with the kids which made me laugh.  This toy in the picture below was a magnetic toy with a base and then various shaped pieces where you could build different things.  I remember when I was a child her pulling this out and saying that my dad used to play with it when he was a boy.  It's just so funny to think that now MY kids were playing with the same thing.  


Colin does not have the same patience for these kinds of toys as Kailey does.  He gets really frustrated when his fine motor skills inhibit him from doing something the way he wants to.  


It was just about near impossible to get the 3 of them to look at the camera with their eyes open at the same time so this was the best I could get.  




I'm one lucky girl to still have 3 of my 4 grandparents in my life AND my kids lives! 

No comments: