Sunday, December 11, 2011

What We've Been Up To

A blog friend of mine commented in one of her posts recently about feeling bad when you miss a day here and there. I feel the same way when I go on my stretches like I just did recently where I miss a few days occasionally, especially after coming off of a month like October where I managed to post every single day. We have been really busy here lately; so busy that I ended up taking off on Friday because I have gotten myself so stressed out (mostly over school stuff) that I felt ill from it. I didn't get out of bed until noon and I feel so much better now.

Both of our kids are taking off when it comes to accomplishing new skills. Colin is walking more and more and it isn't prompted all of the time. Kailey just figured out how to move around by doing the "worm" crawl.



The other night, we found Kailey sleeping like this, with her face pressed up against the rails of her crib.

We had the Special Olympics of NJ Young Athlete Program Holiday Party yesterday. I know I have mentioned this in previous posts, but I really enjoy going and watching Colin participate in the different activities. It's nice to be around other families that we would consider our "peers". Although Colin is still a typical 2 year old when it comes to his attention span, I can see that as time goes by, he will give a bit more attention to some of the activities. Kailey has fun too!

Coach Greg has been working really hard to try and get Colin to walk for him and try different activities. Colin is not always willing and lately, the only time he gives Coach Greg attention is during circle time when he crawls over and sits in his lap. However, we were so proud because yesterday, Colin appeased Coach Greg and walked across the blocks holding on to the bars like a big boy!




Later in the night, we went to Daddy's basketball game. Colin LOVES any kind of sport and will stop what he is doing while playing if football, basketball, baseball, and especially soccer comes on the TV. Last year he really enjoyed Chris' games, so I knew this year would be better. As soon as we got in our seats, Colin was so excited cheering and clapping at all of the right times. He was so happy and was waving to Daddy from our seat. Unfortunately, it's late for him, so from half time on he was very sleepy, but they were both so good!

Today we had my family over for a turkey dinner. I was so happy to cook for everyone and also feel pretty good to have my grandparents over and show them what I can do.







I am really looking forward to Christmas as I think it's going to be a lot of fun with Colin and Kailey this year!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love the pic of Chris & Colin at the game! Christmas will be a blast with those two cuties. Can't wait for the pics.

Becca said...

Wow, I'd forgotten that this is Kailey's first Christmas! It seems like forever-ago. :-) Glad for the update. Colin's smile is just sooooo brilliant!

Nikki said...

They are both so cute! I love the walking pics, really interested in therapies.

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to change the world
www.onetinystarfish.blogspot.com - my personal blog, special needs month