Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Day of School

Today was Colin's last day of school! It's amazing how fast time goes by! If you can remember, I wrote this post on his first day back in September...wow has Colin changed!! I mean, he was a cutie back then, but look at him now!


One thing Chris and I always knew from the beginning was that we were going to have to use day care for our children. One day over breakfast at a diner we actually tried to calculate the numbers to see how it would work if I stayed home and it just didn't work unfortunately. We were in the hole long before we bought groceries and turned the lights on. It's just the way it is. We worked hard to find a place that we felt comfortable with and from the 1st moment I walked into the Growing Tree Children's Academy, I just knew we had found it.

The 1st week I definitely had those moments dropping Colin off where I shed a few tears and worried about someone else taking care of my baby, especially Colin. He needed a little bit more than most kids and I worried about things like if he would do enough exercises or if he would get all that he needed. However, as I got to know the teachers and staff, I didn't worry...

I am so thankful for Colin's teachers because I know that they truly care for him. This 1st year has been so great and I know that he got everything he needed and more.
Thank you to Miss Kelly...

Miss Heather... and Miss Nikki... for loving Colin and caring for him so much!!

Also, thank you to Miss Traci...

Miss Karen...
and Miss Robin...


For welcoming us to school with big smiles every day and loving Colin too! We love the Growing Tree!!

After school and work we went out to eat to Olive Garden!

Colin was such a good boy waving hi to the people around us, but he also seemed a little bit bummy...he was probably sad that it was his last day of school! Little does he know what he has in store for him all summer! A little dessert cheered him right up though!Thanks again for a great year guys!

8 comments:

Suze said...

Geez! I got all teary AGAIN! I am going to miss seeing Colin at school (when I get there early enough to pick Tommy up and Colin is still there!). I am so glad we found Growing Tree as well and that Tommy and Colin became friends, and that we got to meet you all as well!

Jennie said...

What a blessing to have so many incredible people loving on Colin all year!
And I LOVE that last picture!!!

erinlitteral said...

He is so precious...

Nana said...

I have to agree that the Growing Tree Academy is a great place. Picking Colin up a couple of times myself I saw how much they cared for our little boy! Sometimes it seemed like they didn't want to see him go!! It was evident that he was well taken care of and well loved! The activities alone impressed me! I also know Colin really enjoyed it! Summer fun is on its way!! Love, Nana

Jorie said...

Colin's first summer vacation from school!!! He has no idea how much fun he is going to have this summer...and we hope to make random visits down to the beach with you guys to enjoy it with him!

Love you guys!

traci said...

It is our honor to have seen him grow this past school year!! Have a great summer with your little man (come visit) and we will be looking forward to seeing you three again in September!! You three are truely remarkable!! xoxox

Kelly said...

We are so fortunate to have found such great schools for our little ones! Makes it so much easier to leave them all day! I felt your words 100%!! Great job Colin on such an eventful school year. Look at how much you've grown:) Whatever will next year bring?! Enjoy the summer.

Melissa said...

It sounds like you found a GREAT place for him!