Monday, September 7, 2009

"I Did It" Update!

It amazes me that one day Colin is having trouble with or just learning a particular skill and then the next day he is excelling! I posted the other day about how Colin attempted to reach for an object on his own without us helping him when on his tummy.

Well....today Colin was playing with Daddy and was reaching and picking up toys continuously on his own while on his tummy!

Colin posed for Daddy...

...then he realized the toys were in front of him.

...stopped to smile for Daddy again...

...got ahold of the orange ring...

...picked it up...

...then decided he wanted the larger ring...

...and picked that one up too (although he's not happy in this one)!

Oh, and he's putting toys in his mouth more now too!

1 comment:

Ria said...

That's so great! I always had the hardest time getting Matthew to reach and use his arms. He always preferred to kick! haha!
Hey, thanks for your great suggestions for the New Parent packet. I'm surprised that the New Parent packet is not available in all states. I got a comment from Debbie saying that their area doesn't do much for babies either. I hope that changes in time. Like you said, the information is very beneficial for new parents especially if the diagnosis was a surprise, like in my case. You have a wonderful friend! Thank God for your friend who thought to get you some good information.