Monday, October 24, 2011

31 for 21 Day 24: Reading

Chris and I have been reading to Colin since he was just a new little baby. He went through periods where he seemed to "lose interest", but in the past 6 months or so, he has really enjoyed books. At the same time, his love for books has been coupled with his increase in his spoken words. We still continue to use signs on a regular basis, however, we have been really happy to see that he is really trying hard to say the words as well. I am amazed every day to hear new words coming out of his mouth. One of my favorites these days is him saying "please" because it's so cute and clear. Other new words he has been using regularly are pancake, book, home, thank you, lots of animal noises, and he will pretty much try and say anything. I love it. I am amazed every day when I hear something new or something that is not prompted. It truly is the simple things that make me feel so happy...

1 comment:

Nana said...

Such a great family time picture!