Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 for 21 Day 16: Family Time

* Calling all Mommies and Daddies with a child with Down Syndrome! I'd like to do a special project to end Down Syndrome awareness month by showing our kids live the "Good life". If you are interested, I would love it if you could send me a picture of your child either alone, with a friend/family member, with your whole family or whatever works for you! You can send it to my email @ kelliatobin@gmail.com! Thanks!*

Just because you have a child with Down syndrome, does not mean that you spend every waking moment of your day and life thinking about it. In fact, most of our days are normal and busy and hectic and challenging, but not because Colin has Down Syndrome. We have little moments here and there where we are reminded that Down Syndrome is a part of our life, but for the most part, we are just a regular ole' family...

We drove out to a popular farm about 30 minutes from us today to go apple picking and they had the orchards closed! So, we walked around for awhile for some pumpkins and photo opportunities. The kids sure enjoyed themselves!

This may be my new all time favorite photo...

and another...Daddy daughter moment.

Love family photos...just wish everyone would look at the camera at the same time.

Aunt Kimmy came and spent the day with us!

I could get used to this...


Being entertained by her big brother...she thinks he is so funny!



...my happy little pumpkin girl.

Yes, Down Syndrome is a part of our life, but it isn't our life. It just makes us all who we are.



3 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a fun day! Oh my that first pic is wonderful!

Nana said...

These are the best pictures ever!! They are so cute!!! I want some! Love, Nana

Kristin said...

Oh, this makes me want to get out to a pumpkin patch this week!