Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's Hard to Say Goodbye

Today has been a really hard day for me as I anticipated picking Colin up for the "last time" at school.  I have been really emotional thinking about it as we have been so thankful for the love and support that Colin's teachers have given him since he first started at 5 months old.  When we were first sending Colin, we had the normal fears that any parent would have dropping their child off for the first time, but we were also facing some anxiety over the fact that he had special "needs" that would require a little "extra".  I think one reason why we are so emotional is that the Growing Tree has done so much for Colin and we couldn't be more thankful.  

I was also overcome with emotion as I walked into his room and saw the amazing display of posters, gifts, letters, cards and love that was given to him today...

Thank you!! 

















When I looked at these pictures...all I saw was love!

5 comments:

Aunt kimmy said...

Wonderful post!! Colin was truly loved there!!

Lori said...

Awww...Moving on to the next step can be so hard because it means saying good-bye. What a great group of loving and caring people Colin had =)

Good luck tomorrow!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

PS - our next road trip is to come see you guys. Don't know when that will be - but hopefully a beach day this summer?! =)

Adrienne said...

Oh Kelli, I'm crying for ya! You can tell these people really love Colin and I'm sure they will never forget his sweet, sweet smile. Bittersweet!! Onto the next chapter....

Suze said...

Seriously bawling after reading this post! I love these pictures - the one of both boys is just too cute! And that face where he's eating the yogurt, LOVE it!

I still remember meeting you for the first time on Martin Luther King Day in 2010 in the Baby Buds room (yes, I am weird and remember things like that!). We laughed about the fact that we were both off that day and still dropped our boys off at daycare to take some mommy time, but felt guilty about it! Tommy was only there about 2 weeks at that point, and obviously both Colin and he were too young to really have a "friendship," but how that has changed. When I asked Tommy over the weekend who he liked playing with at school, he told me Colin and Lilly...and then said, "they are my best friends!" I just loved that. Even though our boys won't be classmates anymore, I truly do hope that they will be friends in the future - we have to get to the beach together this summer, and set up some time for the boys to play together. I know Tommy is going to miss seeing his best bud Colin every day!

Becca said...

Oh, it is definitely so hard to move on and say goodbye. :-( I'm glad you all had such a wonderful experience there! I'm sure you'll love Colin's new preschool, too, and will be amazed at what he learns!

Btw, congrats to Kailey on walking!!! Yay!