Sunday, April 22, 2012

3 Years Later

Tonight caps off a very emotional week for Chris and I as we were saying goodbye to therapists that were our family, celebrated Colin's last day at school, and sent him off to a brand new school where he is starting his new journey.  It's funny because while I still know how I felt in those moments after his birth when I first saw his beautiful eyes, and then a week later when his diagnosis was confirmed, it feels so long ago that we were ever sad about finding out that Colin had Down Syndrome.  


We are so proud of our little boy... Although we haven't had to face some of the challenges that other families have handled, it was not always an easy road because we just didn't know what the future would be like.  However, Colin's little life has brought so much to ours that it would be impossible to put into words now.  We have spent the past 3 years getting to know this beautiful little boy who is smart, independent, strong-willed, and most especially, loving.  


Today, we celebrated 3 years of Colin and I couldn't help but smile at all of the people that were here that loved and supported him and us.  He is so loved...


If I had only known then that instead of the future being so daunting, it would be so rewarding...


Happy Birthday to my sweet baby boy.  I love you more than words could ever say...


I look forward to what the future will bring us.  




Make a video - it's fun, easy and free!
www.onetruemedia.com


If the video doesn't work, please click here to watch it.

1 comment:

JC said...

Haha, great video! Did he ever end up giving you a Birthday kiss?? I like how he had to give Kailey a poke before walking by her, lol

Happy 3rd Birthday Colin :)