I love you Uncle Timmy! Happy Birthday!!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
I love you Uncle Timmy! Happy Birthday!!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
1. Undoubtedly, spending time with Chris and Colin on a day where we don't have anything else to do
2. Being with my friends and family
3. Ice cream
4. A really good day at work (which can mean that any number of things happen)
5. A day on the beach
6. The kind of smile that Colin makes when it causes his eyes to get all squinty
7. When Chris says or does something that makes me feel the way I did when we 1st met (that giddy excitement)
8. That song, "Say Hey, I Love you"...any time I hear it now it makes me so happy and makes me wanna dance!
9. Reading a really good love story, or watching one in a movie
10. Getting something fun, and unexpected in the mail
These Bloggers make me happy... As do many, many more that are not even listed here.
1. Heather at Team Carter
2. Adrienne at Our Unexpected Journey
3. Monica at Monkey Musings
4. Jennie at a Little Something Extra for Us
5. Lori at Banana Pants
6. Sara at Extra Smiles...Extra Giggles...Extra Love
7. Jennifer at Three's a Charm
8. Bill and Ria at Sharing experiences about life, parenting, and down syndrome
9. Chrystal at One More, More than One
10. Lisa at Bridget's Light
Friday, January 29, 2010
We all got together for a group picture to mark such a great day!
...Mommy with Colin in her belly back in March (the 1st time I ever saw the Ram statue)!
Mommy, Daddy, and Colin...
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Uncle Brian and Aunt Maureen with Colin (they were volunteers!)...
Aunt Kimmy and Colin...
Zach and Colin's buddy Liam hanging out at their table...
Nana and Grandad got a quick minute before leaving to snuggle...
Uncle Pat and Aunt Kristine!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Of all the pictures that were taken that day, I don't have any to post! Potentially more to come if I can gather some from other people!
Friday, January 22, 2010
We are working really hard on Colin's upper body strength in order to support himself on his tummy on extended arms. We were having a difficult time doing it on the floor, so when Miss K put Colin on the ball, all he needed was a little encouragement from Daddy and he was pushing up pretty far!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
We just love her so much! She has been absolutely wondeful for us throughout this journey and we are so thankful that she is watching over Colin! Thank you Dr. Uma!
At 9 months old, Colin's:
Weight is: 16 lbs. 15 ounces (10th percentile on standard chart)
Height is: 27 3/4 in. long (50th percentile on standard chart)
Head circumference is: 43 inches (50th percentile on standard chart)
- Sit unassisted for long stretches of time while playing- Roll from tummy to back and occassionally, back to tummy
- Wave "hi" and "bye bye"
- Push up on extended arms on tummy
- Hold and drink his bottle by himself
- Makes many sounds
- Yells loudly when he feels like you're not paying attention to him
- Says "mamamama" and "dadadada" (at least that's what it sounds like)
- Brings hands to midline and switches objects from 1 hand to another
- Is so sweet and loving...he loves to touch faces
- Has a funny personality...makes "chandler"/"cheesy" faces when he knows you are taking a picture- Sleep on his tummy
- Wiggles when he gets excited or "dances"
- Loves the ABC song
- Splashes in the bath
- Is learning how to swim and loves the water
- Loves going to school to be with his friends
- Has a girlfriend
- Loves his mommy and daddy
...and many more!
We are so proud of Colin and all of his accomplishments! Here is Colin this morning with Miss D during developmental therapy. He had a great session today!...and at the end of the day, there is NOTHING like a little Mommy and Colin snuggling time!
(Don't mind my end of the day messiness!)
Monday, January 18, 2010
He literally sat unassisted (without pushing himself back) for 10-15 min. stretches!! He never complained and just played!
Of course, when I started snapping pictures in his "I Did It!" t-shirt (thanks again Jen!) he got that silly "Chandler" face again (which was cute though).
After the toy would become out of reach,
he would do the "baseball slide" onto his tummy,
prop himself up, and then roll over onto his back!
We are so proud and excited here!
Well, Colin now understands waving "hi!" and "bye bye!"!! Chris and Colin were watching the end of the Jets game last night and as it was ending, and the Jets were winning, Chris started saying "Bye bye San Diego" and Colin starting waving!!
It's such a fun new skill that has kept us laughing all weekend!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
You know what's funny? I have such a personality now and am such a ham! I know when someone is going to take a picture of me and I am a complete cheeseball as the orange light lights up! You know that show Friends? Well, Mommy, Nana, and Grandad think I'm just like Chandler when he has to take pictures. He just can't get a normal smile out! Mommy said she tried to get my cheeseball smiles, but caught the tail end of them...
Everyone just laughs and laughs when I make those smiles!
After dinner, we went back to Uncle Pat's apartment and I played with Uncle Pat and Aunt Kristine!Then, we had some of the birthday cake! Mommy let me have some and I just LOVED it. In fact, she was teasing me because every time she would take a bite, I would open my mouth thinking it was for me! She gave me a lot though and I loved every bite! Before we left, all of the "kids" took a picture together. What a great day! Happy Birthday Uncle Pat!!