Tuesday, January 6, 2015


This week brought with it many changes for our family.  Not only was it a return to normalcy after the holidays and an extended break, it also was a return to work for me with a change in routines and schedules.  The change has been challenging but we're figuring it out as we go. 

Colin  had a great break.  While his behavior wasn't perfect, it was actually quite good and he was pretty cooperative when it came to practicing or working on different skills.  We were really busy and he handled the change in routine really nicely.  We have, unfortunately, see a regression in the potty department with an increase in accidents and a decrease in the communication about having to go. Since he has returned to school we have seen many behaviors return (which is a whole post in itself). 

Kailey started back to school full time again (she had only been going 3 days while I was home) in a new classroom with a teacher we love.  She really enjoys going to school and the activities she is doing.  She makes me laugh because she is a little social bug; when I picked her up today she turned to her classmates in her room and said "all right everyone, I'll see you tomorrow!". 

Over the weekend, Kailey's new bedroom furniture arrived and so we moved her back into her old room and moved Cody into Colin's room (he's been sleeping through the night since Thanksgiving so we thought it was a good time to switch them).  She is so in love with her new room that she's been spending a lot of time in there.  The boys' sharing has also gone really well (knock on wood) so it's been a nice change.  
Cody started school for the first time.  He is in the infant room and I'm pretty sure he's the youngest one in there.  Leaving my children at daycare has gotten easier the more times I have had to do it for the first time.  I love the women that take care of Cody but in a perfect world I would love to have stayed home longer with him.  His first two days have gone really well in terms of routine and schedules.  When I got there today he was napping and as I put my sleepy little baby in his car seat, he opened his eyes, gave me the sweetest smile, and then fell right back to sleep. 

While it's only been 2 days, the kids all seem to be handling the change of me returning to work.  I am sure the more time we have, the "easier" it will get.  I feel like I am juggling a lot, but I know that I will get  used to it.  I think the hardest part for me and working is that I don't feel as "available" as I was. Nothing has really changed with Colin and so I feel more anxiety about working through that.  We're surviving here and working through it all though!


No comments: