Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Break Part 1

Spring break for us this year has been a "staycation" but filled with fun, adventures and even some rest too.  The kids are becomingly increasingly exhausted as the week goes on but that just means we are having fun.  There have also been lots of challenging moments but we are working through those as they come. 
 
Friday morning of break, I went for a run and when I got back, Colin was already getting his hat and coat on to go for one himself.  He kept telling us "I'll be right back, I'm going running!". He wanted to go so badly that I went back out with Colin and Kailey for a run around the block.  
 

Later that, we drove up to North Jersey to see my Grandparents.  My Grandma is 88 and my Poppy is 91 so it was pretty neat to have the oldest and youngest members of the family together. 





The next morning, while Kailey was taking care of her baby and the other two were lounging around, I tried to get a few things done before heading off on another "adventure".



Easter weekend at Jenkinson's Boardwalk is always the official opening where tickets for the season are sold at discounted prices.  The kids were so excited to meet up with their friend Becker for rides and fun!





Since Daddy was working later that night, and it was spring break, I was a little more lenient with bed time.  Colin and Kailey found their sleeping bags and wanted to have a "sleepover" on the floor in Kailey's room, so I gave them the iPad and let them watch a show.  They were so cute and so excited so it was well worth the "leniency" for some fun.


On Sunday was Easter, so we did the traditional Easter morning activities.  Kailey was hysterical with the egg hunt as she was very competitive; Colin was happily content to gather a few and watch Kailey buzz around the room. In the mix of everything, Cody started sitting independently for the first time!





Later that morning we went to church for the Easter service. 



It was also a special morning for me because Cody wore this blue sweater which was originally started by my Grammy who passed away this past June.  It's a very sweet story as my parents had donated her knitting supplies to the knitting group in the church I grew up in.  The group (which also included my Great Aunt and my other Grandmother) discovered the sweater in the bag that had been started and finished it for me after Cody was born.  It was one of the most touching gifts I have ever received and was incredibly special for Cody to wear it on Easter. 


Later that day, Chris' family was over to celebrate the day with us. 


On Monday, I met my mom at the Turtle Back Zoo on the most perfect day of the week so far.  It was beautiful and a fun day with the kids. 




After the zoo, we had lunch and a treat and the kids slept the whole way home. 


It's been a fun break so far and I can't believe how fast it's flying by!



No comments: