Sunday, June 5, 2011

Family

I've had some tough days at school lately and in the past it was really easy to take those bad days home with me and let it sour. So much has changed since having my kids because it's just impossible to let that crappy stuff from work sour at home once I see my kids and their smiling faces. When we were on our way out today and pulling out of the driveway, I just felt like we were such a little family and I was thankful to be with Chris, Colin and Kailey.






A lot of what we focus on in this blog is obviously the challenges we often face with Colin as we are learning new things, and working really hard. But the thing is, we all face challenges and we all go through those ups and downs. It's funny because I can look back at so many different points in my life and think that THAT was the hardest time of my life...the hardest race I was going to run, writing papers and studying for finals, working full time and going to grad school, living on minimal income, working and being pregnant, student teaching, working full time and having a newborn, finding out newborn has Down Syndrome, challenges with Down Syndrome, working full time, therapies, being pregnant, working full time, having 2 year old, newborn and challenges with Down Syndrome. We always get through as a family. We support each other, we give high-5s and cheers, hugs and snuggles.

With Kailey I have obviously been so much more laid back in terms of what she is doing (aside from my anal-ness of keeping her on a schedule). However, recently, Colin's PT asked if she has been getting tummy time and although she has, she does not like it. We get brief periods of her being OK with being there and when she is ok with it, she sure does look pretty cute!



She is so smiley and is "talking" so much more when she is happy...



Colin has been struggling again with the bottom two eye teeth, so the walking has taken a bit of a back seat. He will still walk, but not as far or as long as he had been. However, yesterday, we had a BBQ and in front of a room full of people, Colin took two steps from the ottoman to the couch where I was sitting. You should have seen the look on his face when he did it because he looked as shocked as the rest of us. I am getting so anxious because I just. can't. wait!







I have three days left of school and I can't WAIT to spend more time with these two...my lil' cuties!!






My family...




...and for fun, a short video of Colin "dancing" :)



3 comments:

Rochelle Cannon said...

Don't know how you drag yourself away from all that cuteness everyday to go to work! Thankful that you get the whole summer to bask in their cuteness! ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family. And I totally agree- each stage seems like the absolute hardest...until the next one comes along. (-: Lucky duck with only three days, I have two weeks left still. )-: Hope the last few days are noneventful for youl. YAY summer!
Deanna

Nana said...

So very cute!! It all looks like lots of fun!