Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thankful

I am thankful for this little guy for many reasons... ...but most especially yesterday when i was at the grocery store because of an encounter I had with another gentleman thanks to Colin...
As always, Colin was waving at everyone who crossed his path and giving kisses out to many. I have always enjoyed bringing him to the store for this very reason and although it may slow me down, he makes it fun...


While I was picking out lunch meat, Colin must have waved hi at a particular man who came over and started talking to Colin and telling him how adorable he was. Colin was trying to give him a kiss, so the man gave him a high-5 instead. He started telling me how happy Colin was and much he loved it and then he started sharing about his journey. He told me his son had been deprived of oxygen at birth and yesterday was a big day for them because he had his first day of school. He seemed very excited to share and told me his wife took many pictures. He went back to talking to Colin and introduced himself as Justin.


I was thankful for Colin because he has introduced us to a new community of people... there is something there that allows us to feel comfortable with each other and share our excitement when our children accomplish something. I am so thankful for having "met" all of you because you make me feel comfortable to share our tough days and rejoice with us on our great days. You sympathize and empathize, encourage and cheer us on. You come up to us in public and tell us that Colin made you smile and his smile makes you feel comfortable to share your journey with us...


I'm thankful. I'm thankful for this beautiful little boy who brought me all of you...

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

And we are thankful that he brought us to you!

Wren said...

Tears...lots of happy tears! I'm so thankful for you and Colin too! I spent many long nights reading your blog, looking at that sweet boy and it gave me hope and made me feel less alone! I have yet to see a picture of Colin that hasn't made me smile or be proud...thank YOU for sharing him with us!!!

Kristin said...

Well said!

Becca said...

I bet that encounter truly warmed that gentleman's heart, too. It's got to be so isolating for him, as he struggles to find common ground with people in the community. I, too, am so grateful for the unconditional support from our Ds family. :-)

Unknown said...

I love those encounters...I am so happy when our family can bring joy to others! great story!! hope all is well with new baby! smiles

randy said...

Wet or dry...Colin's smile just melts your heart and is quite contagious. What a little politician in the making - he has the shaking hands and kissing babies routine down pat!!! **People alert - unless you have lots of extra time - avoid the senior citizen bus - they are typically extra attracted to smiling/happy/precious little ones! XXOO-Love, me

Natalia said...

What a beautiful post, Kel. And those pictures are absolutely precious.

xoxo

EN said...

Colin's charisma radiates and that smile is contagious!