Monday, April 4, 2011

How Big are Colin and Kailey? Sooo Big!

We were having both kids work hard this weekend (poor Kailey, she doesn't yet realize that we just know so many exercises!) and both were showing us their skills. We were introducing Kailey to tummy time and just like Colin was, she doesn't seem into it most of the time. However, the other night, she just hung out there and moved around a bit and didn't even complain! Watching Kailey on her tummy reminded us of when we used to practice with Colin. We used to make him do it so much that I think he rolled over at 4 weeks because he was just so pissed at us! Here is the little girl just calmy hanging out on her tummy...and then Colin at 5 weeks rolling over onto his back for us to prove a point.



The temperatures were warming up this weekend a tiny bit and after our walk on Saturday, I decided to start weeding a little bit in one of my gardens while we waited for Daddy to come home from work. Colin decided to "help" me by throwing as much mulch and dirt as he could out of the garden onto our walkway, but I didn't care because he was enjoying himself. He really dug into the dirt so his hands were black by the time we went inside. Needless to say, he needed a bath before dinner and here is his finished product (spikey hair instead of a mohawk)...I could not stop giggling at all of the cuteness!


And onto my favorite part of the weekend! We have been working really hard with Colin lately on his standing and walking skills. He is really motivated by Chris and I at times to hug or tackle so we have been putting him on a stool to get him to stand up on his own. I was having so much fun with him as he was working hard at standing up all by himself!





I think this little guy is going to be walking before you know it! (Oh and watch Colin "count" on his fingers while I am couting to him! So cute!)



9 comments:

Kristin said...

Go Colin!

Adrienne said...

Awesome job Colin!!! Love the hair!

Rochelle said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't think he could get any cuter but that spiky hair seriously Colin you are GQ buddy! Love the videos!

Becca said...

Wow, I can't believe how early Colin rolled over!!! And yes, he did look pretty pissed! And to see Kailey, that teeny tiny little girly hanging out like that, so calm and unpreturbed - awesome.

Love Colin's spikey 'do!

Wren said...

We called it 'baby torture' in our house...otherwise known as tummy time! :) Both of my boys hated it too! I can't tell you how much I love the expressions on Colin's face in those last pictures...he makes the best faces EVER!!! I think you're right, he's going to be walking in no time!

randy said...

Colin "wears" happy/joy like NO other...the squeals of excitement and happiness are adorable but the HUGS and mommy pats he gives are the stuff that JEALOUSY is made of!!
As for your Princess ahhh - ohhh ...

Nana said...

What a big boy!! Great job!! Love, Nana

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

I love all the photos of both cuties! Colin certainly will be walking before you know it...and then really watch out! :-)

debbi said...

it is sooo wonderful to watch colin working so hard on his walking! GO colin, and go little sis! tummy time looks like it's going to be loads of fun! =0)