Wednesday, October 19, 2016

31 for 21 Days 17, 18, and 19: Court

I know, I'm cheating. I am lumping 3 days worth of posts into one but there is so much on my mind and I'm having a hard time organizing my thoughts into a semi-legible post. Those that have read this blog already know the journey we have been on in our attempts to include Colin in our public school system.


On Monday, Chris and I were in court for the 2nd time to start a hearing because we have been unable to come to a mutual decision on what the best placement should be for Colin up to that point. We were very close to agreeing to a settlement much like we did last year because a placement option that was proposed to us was something we felt would be of benefit to Colin (although we would have to concede a bit on what we felt overall was the best). When we came back together as a group, the district changed the proposal back to a self contained setting. In addition, my "respect for the staff" was questioned simply because we don't agree with the placement of self contained for Colin.

Next month we will be back to begin the hearing.

No comments: