Wednesday, October 28, 2015

31 for 21 Day 28: Lost Tooth

When Colin started getting teeth, they were very delayed in their arrival and they did not come through in the order in which was typical for most kids. In addition, Colin's teeth are actually shorter and pointier than most (although the pointiness is much better now that eats more variety of foods). Last year, when I started hearing that other 5 year olds were starting to lose teeth I kind of tucked it in the back of my mind because Colin hadn't shown any signs of it and I knew that it would probably be delayed as well.
 
A couple of weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to see if Colin would let me check his mouth and low and behold, I noticed one on the bottom teeth was loose. We started talking about it a lot with him so he knew what to expect and what could happen with the tooth. Every once in awhile, I have checked it but it hadn't seemed to get any looser. Yesterday, Colin had feeding therapy and had the tooth when we went in and the when we came out. We got in the car and drove to the pizza place and when we were getting out, I noticed that there was a gap in his teeth. I can't find the tooth anywhere! The only thing I can think happened was that Kailey accidentally pulled it; they were playing with rubber gloves from therapy and pretending to check each others loose teeth. I'm thinking she must have accidentally hooked on it and pulled it. He seems to think the tooth fairy took it out of his mouth! 
 

It was a fun milestone!

No comments: