Monday, June 11, 2012

2012 Special Olympics Summer Games

This past weekend, the Special Olympics of NJ hosted their annual summer games at the College of New Jersey.  Chris and I went to the opening ceremonies on Friday night and I can honestly say that it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.  It's hard to think that just over 3 years ago, I never though all of this would be such a part of my life, but words can not even begin to describe HOW thankful I am that it is!  I am so proud of Colin because he truly enjoyed himself this weekend.  He participated in the future stars race and wasn't even walking consistently yet 6 months ago!  There are so many people that I would love to thank for their involvement in making the summer games so wonderful.  I know that all of the staff members at the Special Olympics facility worked really hard to make it go off so well, Shoprite provided all of the food and beverages the entire weekend, there were hundreds of volunteers, and most especially, members of the Rutgers football team walked out with the athletes and spent the evening with them.  It truly was a very special weekend.  Thank you to all who made it so wonderful!









Make a video - it's fun, easy and free!
www.onetruemedia.com


Special thanks to our family and friends who came out to support colin as well as to Jorie for taking so many great pictures for us!

3 comments:

Patti said...

I still remember helping with my mom at a Special Olympics as a child. It truly was one of the best experiences of my life. I LOVE the look of joy on Colin's face :)

Suze said...

So proud of that little boy! And I know the Rutgers team were thrilled to be a part of it again! I was inundated with tweets from players and staff!

JC said...

Oh geeze Kelli, what an amazing video...Had me in tears. You must be so proud of Colin :)