Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spread the Word

Today is national activation day to "Spread the Word to End the Word".  Many people are standing up today to say that it is NOT ok to use the word retarded in any way.  I have a child with a developmental disability and by using the word retarded, you are putting him down in a derogatory way.

I ask that YOU make a stand today.  Stand up and say that it is NOT ok to use the word retard or retarded.  Stand up and say that YOU will not use that word.  Stand up and tell your friends, your neighbors, coworkers and family that it is NOT ok to use this word...

I thank you.

Please take a minute to watch this beautiful video... For more information, please visit http://www.r-word.org/.

1 comment:

JC said...

Ah, a video I have not yet seen before!! I am in tears right now, this was beautiful :)