Monday, March 5, 2012

She Did it!

We are so proud of Kailey as she stood up for the first time in the center of the room all by herself!  I often wondered how I would feel when Kailey did things for the first time (when it happened more quickly) compared to Colin and I can tell you that as a Mommy, I am equally proud of both of my kids for their accomplishments.  I know that whether you have a child with special needs or not, all of your children do things at their own paces, on their own time frames, and when they are ready.  

...kailey is definitely ready to be on the move!

I looked over and checked on her because she was balancing on one knee as she held onto these books.
However, when I looked back, she started pushing herself up.  I LOVE the tongue hanging out here!
I can tell you that when she saw our reaction, she was SO PROUD of herself.  Look at that smile!



What a big girl!
 
And then down again to start it all over again...

And then the little stinker climbed up on her chair to get on the ottoman...

...and take a break!
PLEASE don't pay attention to my excited squeeky voice in this video.  I was really excited!



4 comments:

Jenni said...

Way to go Kailey! And LOVE that excited squeaky voice!!

Becca said...

Great job, Kailey!! Awesome!

JC said...

Aw, that's exciting! Soon her and Colin will be ripping around everywhere together!!

Sherry C said...

She is growing up so fast. What a cutie!