Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Weekend of the Grandparents

This holiday weekend was a very busy holiday weekend for Colin as he got to see all of his Grandparents and one of his Great-Grandparents. We started the weekend off on Thanksgiving at Colin's Gammy and Grandpa's house (Chris' parents), saw them again on Friday for lunch, and then headed up north to visit Colin's Great Grandma and Great Poppy. Unfortunately, they weren't home so we didn't get to see them. From there, we went to Nana and Granddad's (my parents) house for the rest of the weekend. While we were there, we saw Great-Grammy (my Grandma on my dad's side) for breakfast on Saturday morning.
Colin loved exploring the new place, and loved to touch as much as possible (Great Grammy has lots of things for Colin to touch that he shouldn't!).




It was a nice weekend for Colin and I to relax (much needed) and I was able to get some school work done while I was there. Here is a cute picture of Colin all bundled up before going for a walk with Nana on Saturday...

Both Chris, Colin and I are lucky to have so many Grandparents in Colin's life and we think it's surely a treasure for him...
Nobody can do for little children what Grandparents can do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust on the lives of little children...
- Alex Haley

2 comments:

Natalia said...

What a beautiful quote...and so true.

Becca said...

Funny, I just wrote a post called "A Grampa Kind of Weekend" that I haven't published yet. LOL

Very sweet post, and Colin is just so yummy all bundled up in his coat and hat and mittens!