Monday, June 1, 2009

Soccer Player

One of the things that was recommended to us by the physical therapist of the early intervention program was to get some of the wrist and ankle rattles for Colin so that the noise stimulates awareness of his limbs. For the spot on his ankles, the noise of the rattle is supposed to help them become aware of them so that he starts to reach and grasp for his feet. I found ankle rattles that are soccer balls! Since he already kicks his legs so much, they are perfect for him and we can get him ready for the sport his mommy and daddy would like him to try out.

It's an interesting concept and I can already see how it works because I've seen Colin bending his knees up and putting his hands on his knees.

I am having technical difficulties at the moment in uploading the video to my computer, but as soon as I get it up and running, I will add it to this post.

In another update, Colin is still rolling over regularly and I think he does it now because he doesn't like spending too much time on his tummy. If we put him on his tummy when he his happy, he will spend time lifting his head and looking around. This morning we even saw him get on his knees as though he was going to start crawling! He does a pseudo-crawl in the form of an army crawl. He is always moving!

No comments: