Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Behavior Modifications


After my obviously frustrated post the other day, I am feeling better after speaking with some of Colin's team.  Colin's teacher at school talked to the bus driver before Colin got on yesterday afternoon and spoke with the driver about the situation on the bus.  She told the teacher that she has a theory that what caused Colin to be upset and hit was that he had been sitting by the window and had been moved to the aisle seat.  While I am still not happy about the hitting, I feel a little bit better knowing there IS a potential reason and not just BECAUSE.  I also had felt some relief after spending so much time talking to Colin himself.  He is aware that it's wrong and brought in a note for his friend and they "hugged it out".  
 
 
 
I had also reached out to Colin's team about coming up with a plan for strategies in dealing with Colin's transition to therapy when he is involved in a preferred task.  His teacher suggested we have a meeting with the team to discuss this, so I also feel relieved that there is a plan in place to tackle this so they don't have to deal with it (hopefully) for the rest of the school year.  Feeling better mid-week than I had earlier in the week!

1 comment:

JC said...

He looks so darn handsome in this picture! Glad things are working out :)