Monday, March 11, 2013

IEP Annual Review

It's so crazy to me to think about how far we have come in one year.  We had Colin's annual review today for his IEP and although we went in really positively, I think we were both pretty nervous.  We've been reading through his current IEP to see what we thought about the progress Colin had been making and although I didn't forsee or anticipate any changes, I've heard how people are often blindsided and find out something they aren't expecting.

We brought with us a box of munchkins and on it we wrote "Thank you for taking care of our munchkin!".  It went over really well so we were happy we thought to do that.  I can honestly say that I really love our team that works with Colin.  We know how hard they work with him to make progress and are also honest when he is struggling with different things.  While we did hear the things that he is struggling with, the meeting focused on all of the things he IS doing and that was a bright spot for us.  It's funny to hear how Colin's personality differs so much from one teacher/therapist to another.

By the end of the meeting, we found out that there really weren't any changes and Colin would continue to stay with his current teacher (we LOVE her) and his therapies would be the same as well.  We were thanked for the smoothness of the meeting (I honestly didn't have anything I wanted to change) so it went well for many reasons!

Phew, another one in the books....

No comments: