Friday, October 18, 2019

Down Syndrome Awareness Month - Muscles (Day 18)

Updating the blog tonight was on my mind because I was trying to think about what I was going to talk about. But then, Colin was getting ready to take a shower and I couldn't help but think about my chubby little boy (a picutre that I can't find, but was similar to this popped into my head) and I was once again surprised at how much his body is changing lately. This was 4....


...and this is 10. (just don't pay attention to his facial expressions)


What amazes me is how muscular his body is becoming. I think this is a product of all of the physical activities he is doing lately but also, how determined he is to do different things. I really think he is motivated by things he sees on TV (American Ninja Warrior) and by doing things he really WANTS to do.





One of the things that is most ironic to me is the fact that when the first photo was taken, Colin was at a point in time that he was on his most restrictive diet. He was not that interested in trying other foods and he was mostly eating cottage cheese and strawberries for the majority of his meals. These days, he primarily eats cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast and maybe lunch but he loves eating all different things for dinner. We actually don't need to worry too much about making something different for him because he will eat any meat (it's the sides that are the issue) and any pasta dish. His favorite meal now is a taco dish I make that he calls "taco shells"; taco meat, shell noodles, and cheese. He will take a lot of leftovers in for lunch the next day so his lunch is pretty hearty as well. What's the most exciting is the fact that he WANTS to try different things. 


I am thankful for how much Colin continues to grow and change but also, I feel a little sad missing that little boy! 

No comments: