Thursday, January 18, 2018

So Proud of Colin!

My heart has been bursting with pride lately for Colin because I feel like he's been going through such a period of growth lately. One of the biggest lessons Chris and I learned early on with Colin was attention to detail; we learned to celebrate ALL of Colin's progress no matter how big or small. I am so grateful for this gift because we have learned to pay attention to so many things that we have missed otherwise.


He's been doing great lately in school, with his behavior, following directions, compliance, self-advocacy, and just speaking up in general. Here are some of my favorite things I've picked up on lately...

- At bed time last night, he told me he didn't like the new juice box (grape juice) I sent him for lunch and that he DID NOT want that juice box again. (self advocacy!)

- Tonight at Karate, Master Paul (owner of the karate school) went over to Colin and said hi to him and he said hi back like he always does; Master Paul then said "how are you?". Colin said good and then paused and responded with "how are you?" back. I know this does not seem like a big deal but I was so proud of him. That is so huge! (continued communication!)

- When it was time for bed last night, Colin asked to watch the new Beauty and the Beast (which he's obsessed with); I said no and he started to get upset and said "don't talk to me right now, I'm really  mad at you!". (self advocacy! communication!)

- At basketball the other day, Chris observed a few boys bumping into Colin a few times. Each time, Colin would turn around and look at the boys. I guess it happened a few too many times because he turned around and said something (Chris wasn't close enough to hear) and then they stopped. (self advocacy!)

- He's become so funny lately and he knows it!

- He's become such a great reader and loves reading! We've been flying through chapter books!

I wish I could remember all of the little things that have been making me smile lately but I'm SO proud!

No comments: