Monday, January 1, 2018

Looking Back on 2017

It's been an embarrassingly long time since I last posted and in all honesty, I am surprised that I have let this amount of time go by. My brain still thinks in terms of what would make a suitable blog post but there are times that I sit down at the end of the night and I let my exhaustion dictate what I am going to do next. There are also times where I feel like I am ready to write about something that has been on my mind but when I actually sit down to do so, I can't find the words.


When I look back at the closing of 2017 I can't help but think of so many positive things where our steps have moved us all in the right direction. We have had so many wonderful memories as a family this year and even when I look at some of our biggest struggles, I see positive outcomes and successes.


I also see my children growing up right in front of my eyes that seems to accelerate with each passing day. Thanks to technology, I am reminded daily about how much they have changed when photos pop up from a year or more ago. Through  many of the tough days I am smart enough to say to myself that it won't be like this forever (although very tough to do IN the moment).


Our year ended on a wonderful note with the holidays bringing so much joy to our home. It's always sad to see it go with the stark reminders of empty rooms that no longer contain the glow of the lights twinkling in all of the decorations. But, as Chris tried to eloquently explain to Kailey over her tears this morning, there are so many wonderful things ahead to look forward to.



I have enjoyed sifting through photos from the past two months and all of the smiles with friends and families. I am thankful for the opportunities we have had and look forward to all that is yet to come!





No comments: