Sunday, October 1, 2017

Down Syndrome Awareness Month - 1

October 1st is here and that means it is the start of Down Syndrome Awareness month! It is a month dedicated to promoting acceptance and inclusion for those with Down Syndrome which for me, also means showing just how special our son Colin is. In the past, I have participated in the 31 for 21 challenge where I would blog for 31 days in representation of the 21st chromosome. I enjoy sharing so much about Colin's life and I want to do the same this October but my plan is to do as much as I can this month without stressing if I miss a day or two here and there. The thing is, now that we are 8 years into this journey, our life is pretty "normal" and that means that at times, there's really not THAT much to talk about when it comes to Down Syndrome (it actually makes me laugh to say that out loud now because that also shows MY growth in this journey). However, I DO want to share Colin with the world because now more than ever, I want to show just how valuable and meaningful his life is after just 8 short years. By the end of this month, I hope you get to know Colin a little more as I share with you his special life!



No comments: