Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Take Your Child To Work Day

Because of PARCC testing last week, my school was unable to participate in "Take Your Child to Work Day" so it was rescheduled for yesterday. I thought it was best for Colin to not miss another day of school so this year I decided just to bring Kailey. I told her a few days before, but also told her it was a secret and she was giddy with excitement.


Every morning, I stop in to the "coffee shop" to make a bagel but she just couldn't wait to get up to my classroom to help with my "kids".

She was pretty shy and bashful for the first half of the day but was more than willing to help pass out papers and participate in the game my 8th graders were playing as a review for their test. It's interesting to see the dynamic of my own classes in their interactions with my kids. Many were really excited to have her there and were sure to tell her how cute she was.


I also really enjoyed her having to actually see what I do. They often ask a lot of questions about my "kids" and what I do so it was nice to have her actually see.




No comments: