Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This and That

While I was feeding Kailey dinner last night, Colin was sitting on the floor playing with his bat and putting it through the rungs of the chair that I was sitting on. I guess he thought it would be a good idea to put his body through and when he started whimpering, I looked over and he was stuck in this position.

So, being the nice Mommy I am, before attempting to help him, I ran and got the camera first...after all, it was a GREAT photo opportunity.

I gave him a few minutes to work it out, and he did...

...it made me giggle.

Tonight during dinner, Colin asked for ice cream, so I was letting Kailey have some as well. Her first bite was hysterical because the cold must have been too much for her. However, watch her face as she starts to adjust to the taste...

Also, Colin is doing so great with his speech lately. He is trying to say almost all of the words he signs, so it has been so cute listening to him. We also discovered that he knows most of his shapes! During circle time every day, they work on shapes and other things. They told me the other day that Colin is saying or signing most of the shapes so we are so happy to hear this! In the video, I ask Colin to say a few of my favorites...




And finally...Colin took 3 steps on his own the other day! He decided to push his grocery cart on his own and when he crashed into his chair, he let go and took 3 steps to Chris! No video yet, but we are so much closer!!

5 comments:

Nana said...

I am so proud of both of my grandchildren!! Love, Nana

Rochelle said...

Those two are super cute! Love the ice cream face.

Patti said...

Colin just makes my heart melt, he is so sweet! He's so smart too! And that face Kailey made after the ice cream was hilarious:)

JC said...

Great little video, I love the look on Kaileys face when she first tastes that ice cream, lol, too cute!! And Colin, what a Mr. smarty pants, I love it!!!

Wren said...

I loved this post! How great is it when they figure things out on their own?! I'm trying to be better about letting both of my boys have more time before jumping into help...it's a work in progress!

Kailey's faces is priceless when that cold ice cream hits her lips...and I love Colin's "cold" sign, so cute!!!